Member Login

HISTORY

Since its founding in 1924, the Lakeland Yacht & Country Club has been regarded as Polk County’s most prestigious private country club. The Club was conceived and developed by A.H. Stahl, a developer from Cleveland, Ohio, as part of a large subdivision south of Lake Hollingsworth. Original plans were drawn by H.P. Whitworth, landscaping was planned by A.D. Taylor, and the clubhouse was built by Alonzo Logan. The Club was reorganized in 1935 by a group of businessmen under the leadership of Judge A.R. Carver.

Rebranded as the Lakeland Country Club on November 30, 2017 the new Club seamlessly blends the old with the new.  Lkldr Creative developed the Country Club’s new logo, which includes an L for Lakeland; 1924 (the year the Yacht Club was founded); and a lion, which stands for strength and loyalty. The new name comes from a unanimous vote by focus groups consisting of current members, former members as well as nonmembers. 

Rebuilt and reopened in February 2019 the new structure has the same character and feel of the old Club with its Spanish Mediterranean architecture, new amenities such as Resort Style Pool, Fitness Center and lakefront Veranda Bar, make the Club like none other in our community.

Today, the Lakeland Country Club remains the oldest and only private club in this area overseen by its members. Operated by a professional, experienced staff, the club is composed of individuals with compatible interests from all segments of the community, without regard to race, sex, or religion. It is intended that the club’s membership, d├ęcor, quality of food and facilities, and personalized service meet the standards of excellence expected in a private club.